ChooseATL Brings “The A” to SXSW, Featuring Panels and Tip “T.I.” Harris
Monday, March 12th Event Will Officially Launch THEA, First Ever City-Based Video Streaming Platform
On Monday, March 12th, The ChooseATL House will return to the SXSW Festival for the third year, showcasing top Atlanta artists, innovators, and brands with a lineup of panel discussions and programming to raise awareness of the opportunity that Atlanta offers to encourage emerging talent to consider Atlanta as home. The day of programming, will culminate with performances by Tip “T.I.” Harris and other Atlanta artists from his Grand Hustle Records.
The event will officially launch THEA, the first ever city-based over-the-top (OTT) video streaming platform, which showcases the story of Atlanta through the eyes of its creators, brands, and entrepreneurs and honors the mosaic of culture, creativity, impact, and innovation that is unique to the metro region.
Some highlights from the day will include:
– Fireside chat with former acting Attorney Gerneral and criminal justice advocate Sally Yates
– Conversation with filmmaker Matthew Perkins and Casey Cott (Riverdale) about their new movie “The Mascot”
– Script read and discussion around filmmaking in Atlanta in partnership with SCRIPTD
– Behind-the-scenes making of THEA, the first-ever city-based video streaming platform
– Panel discussion and expansion announcement from The Gathering Spot with Tip “T.I.” Harris
– Musical performances by Tip “T.I.” Harris and Grand Hustle Records artists from Atlanta
The ChooseATL SXSW House is presented by Georgia Power, in partnership with Roku and Element Electronics, Skullcandy, Postmates, Owl’s Brew, The Gathering Spot, The Home Depot, SCRIPTD, Comcast, Pinewood Atlanta Studios, ACVB, and the Dekalb Entertainment Commission.
ChooseATL is a public-facing initiative launched by the Metro Atlanta Chamber in 2015 to attract and retain the emerging millennial talent needed to maintain Atlanta’s position as a top-tier globally competitive metro area. ChooseATL showcases Atlanta as a leading world destination and celebrates its unique community, inclusive culture, and expanding business opportunities across all industries. Working alongside local artists and creators, brands and entrepreneurs, ChooseATL mixes digital engagement with high-touch live events and experiences, regionally and around the world. It raises awareness and further connects the next generation to the city, ultimately enhancing the decision to call Atlanta home. For more information, please visit www.chooseatl.com.